- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 40. Public Records and Recorders
- Chapter 25. Public Record Disclosures
- Section 140. Confidentiality of Library Records.
previous: Section 125
. Enforcement: Injunctive Relief.
next: Section 151
. Confidentiality of Retirement Records.
AS 40.25.140. Confidentiality of Library Records.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, the names, addresses, or other personal identifying information of people
who have used materials made available to the public by a library shall be kept confidential, except upon court order,
and are not subject to inspection under AS 40.25.110
or 40.25.120. This section applies to libraries
operated by the state, a municipality, or a public school, including the University of Alaska.
- (b) Records of a public elementary or secondary school library identifying a minor child shall be made available on
request to a parent or guardian of that child.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.