- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 40. Public Records and Recorders
- Chapter 17. Recording of Documents
- Section 35. Recording Criteria.
previous: Section 30
. Formal Requisites For Recording.
next: Section 40
AS 40.17.035. Recording Criteria.
When determining whether a document may be recorded, the recorder may not
- (1) consider whether the contents of the document are legally sufficient to achieve the purposes of the document;
- (2) reject a document because the document
- (A) does not satisfy the current requirements for recording if the document satisfied the requirements for recording that
existed at the time the document was executed;
- (B) serves more than one purpose;
- (C) does not state the name of the recording district if the name is given to the recorder at the time the document is
offered for recording or if the name is contained in a cover letter accompanying the document;
- (D) references an attached exhibit that is not labelled;
- (E) is a certified copy of an official document that creates an interest in real property, that meets the requirements of
AS 40.17.030(b), and that is from a governmental
- (3) require that a document that serves more than one purpose be recorded separately for each of the purposes; this
paragraph does not prevent the multiple recording of the document if the person offering the document requests that the
document be recorded for more than one of its purposes and the request is accompanied by the applicable recording fee
for each of the multiple purposes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.