- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 52. Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act
- Section 140. Improper Use or Disclosure of Information.
previous: Section 130
. Improper Gifts.
next: Section 150
. Improper Influence in State Grants, Contracts, Leases, or Loans.
AS 39.52.140. Improper Use or Disclosure of Information.
- (a) A current or former public officer may not disclose or use information gained in the course of, or by reason of, the
officer's official duties that could in any way result in the receipt of any benefit for the officer or an immediate
family member, if the information has not also been disseminated to the public.
- (b) A current or former public officer may not disclose or use, without appropriate authorization, information acquired in
the course of official duties that is confidential by law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.