- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 730. Contributions by Members.
previous: Section 725
. Participation of Elected Officials of Political Subdivisions.
next: Section 740
. Employment Contributions Mandatory.
AS 39.35.730. Contributions by Members.
- (a) Each member shall contribute to the member's individual account an amount equal to eight percent of the
member's compensation from July 1 to the following June 30.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 116(a) ch 20 SLA 2007].
- (c) The employer shall deduct the contribution from the member's compensation at the end of each payroll period,
and the contribution shall be credited by the plan to the member's individual account. The contributions shall be deducted from the
member's compensation before the computation of applicable federal taxes and shall be treated as employer contributions under 26 U.S.C.
414(h)(2). A member may not have the option of making the payroll deduction directly in cash instead of having the contribution picked
up by the employer.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.