- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 527. Election to Terminate Coverage as a Peace Officer or Fire Fighter.
previous: Section 525
. Limitation On Use of Credited Service as Peace Officer or Fireman. [Repealed, Sec. 37 Ch 106 SLA 1988].
next: Section 530
. Limit On Pension.
AS 39.35.527. Election to Terminate Coverage as a Peace Officer or Fire Fighter.
- (a) Any active member may elect to irrevocably relinquish peace officer or fire fighter status with the plan and to
retain all credited service as if it had been acquired as a member other than a peace officer or fire fighter.
- (b) In order to relinquish peace officer or fire fighter status with the plan, a person must be an active member and
must file a written request with the administrator by July 1, 1984, or within six months after employment as a peace
officer or fire fighter, whichever occurs later. No person has more than one opportunity to exercise this option.
- (c) As soon as possible after the relinquishment, the administrator shall refund to a person who relinquishes peace
officer or fire fighter status under this section a refund equal to the amount by which the balance of the person's
accumulated mandatory contributions plus interest exceeds the balance which would exist if all service credit had been
acquired as a member other than a peace officer or fire fighter.
- (d) A written request to relinquish peace officer or fire fighter status is irrevocable upon filing with the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.