- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 415. Reemployment of Disabled Employees.
previous: Section 410
. Occupational Disability Benefits.
next: Section 420
. Nonoccupational Death Benefits.
AS 39.35.415. Reemployment of Disabled Employees.
An employee appointed to disability benefits under AS 39.35.400
or 39.35.410 shall apply to the division of
vocational rehabilitation within 30 days of the date disability benefits commence. The employee shall be enrolled in a
rehabilitation program if the employee meets the eligibility requirements of the division of vocational rehabilitation.
Unless the employee demonstrates cause, benefits shall terminate at the end of the first month in which a disabled
- (1) fails to report to the division of vocational rehabilitation;
- (2) is certified by the division of vocational rehabilitation as failing to cooperate in a vocational rehabilitation
- (3) fails to interview for a job; or
- (4) fails to accept a position offered.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.