- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 270. Amount of Employer's Contributions.
previous: Section 260
. Annual Calculation.
next: Section 280
. Determination and Payment of State Contributions.
AS 39.35.270. Amount of Employer's Contributions.
- (a) The amount of each employer's contributions shall be determined by applying the sum of the consolidated
employer normal cost rate and the employer's past service rate to the total compensation paid to the employer's active employees in the
system for each payroll period, including any adjustments to contributions required by AS 39.35.520(a). This amount shall be remitted by the
employer to the administrator in accordance with AS 39.35.610.
- (b) The employer contribution rate may not be less than the rate required, after subtracting the member
contribution rate, to fully fund the actuarially calculated benefits expected to be earned by active members during a fiscal year.
- (c) Each employer of a retired member rehired under the authority of AS 39.35.150 (b) shall make contributions
to the unfunded liability of the plan on behalf of that retired member at the rate that the employer is making contributions to the
unfunded liability of the plan for that employer's other members.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.