- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 230. Refund Upon Death of Retired Employee.
previous: Section 210
. , 39.35.220. Refunds. [Repealed, Sec. 55 Ch 128 SLA 1977].
next: Section 240
. Withdrawal of Voluntary Contributions.
AS 39.35.230. Refund Upon Death of Retired Employee.
Upon the death of a retired employee, the employee's beneficiary shall be paid
- (1) the excess of the balance in the employee contribution account of the deceased employee as of the date of the
beginning of the employee's pension payments over the sum of the pension payments previously received by the employee,
but this amount may not be paid if a joint and survivor option under AS 39.35.450
is in effect or if a surviving spouse's pension under AS 39.35.440
is payable; and
- (2) the remaining payments purchased by the balance in the employee savings account of the deceased employee as of the
date the employee retired.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.