- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 30. Insurance and Supplemental Employee Benefits
- Section 400. Benefits Payable from the Individual Account.
previous: Section 390
. Eligibility and Reimbursement.
next: Section 410
. Exemptions from Taxation and Process.
AS 39.30.400. Benefits Payable from the Individual Account.
- (a) The administrator may deduct the cost of monthly premiums from the individual account for retiree major
medical insurance on behalf of an eligible person who elected retiree major medical insurance under AS 14.25.480 or AS 39.35.880 .
- (b) Upon application of an eligible person, the administrator shall reimburse to the eligible person the costs
for medical care expenses as defined in 26 U.S.C. 213(d). Reimbursement is limited to the medical expenses of
- (1) an eligible member, the spouse of an eligible member, and the dependent children of an eligible member; or
- (2) a surviving spouse and the dependent children of an eligible member dependent on the surviving spouse.
- (c) When the member's individual account balance is exhausted, the insurance premium deductions under (a) of
this section and the reimbursement of medical care expenses under (b) of this section end.
- (d) If all eligible persons die before exhausting the member's individual account, the account balance shall
revert to the plan.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.