- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 25. State Personnel Act
- Section 200. Definitions.
previous: Section 198
. Civil Liability.
next: Section 210
. [Renumbered as AS 39.25.900
AS 39.25.200. Definitions.
In AS 39.25.195
- (1) "certified" means signed by the head of a department or agency or by a responsible person designated by the head of a
department or agency;
- (2) "director" means the director of the division of personnel;
- (3) "emergency employee" means an employee appointed for a period not to exceed 30 calendar days, whose appointment was
made under conditions requiring immediate action to carry on work that is required in the public interest;
- (4) "nonpermanent employee" means a person who is employed in state service in a position that is not in the exempt or
partially exempt service and who is not a permanent or an emergency employee;
- (5) "permanent employee" means an employee who has been appointed to an authorized, permanent full-time or part-time or
permanent seasonal position in the classified service and who is in the process of completing or has successfully
completed the required probationary service in that position;
- (6) "program or project employee" means a nonpermanent employee, including a student intern, who is employed in state
service with prior written understanding that employment in that position will continue for at most the duration of a
specified program or project that is not a regular and continuing function of a department or agency and that has an
established probable date of termination.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.