- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 25. State Personnel Act
- Section 20. Appointing Authorities.
previous: Section 10
. Purpose of Chapter.
next: Section 30
. Division of Personnel and Board.
AS 39.25.020. Appointing Authorities.
- (a) The authority to appoint to positions in the state service is as follows:
- (1) the legislature is the appointing authority for all officers and employees of the legislature and the legislative
agencies, but the authority to make appointments may be delegated;
- (2) the governor is the appointing authority for all officers and employees of the executive branch, but the authority to
make appointments may be delegated;
- (3) the chief justice of the supreme court is the appointing authority for all administrative and clerical personnel of
the state judicial system, but the authority to make appointments may be delegated;
- (4) the board of regents is the appointing authority for all employees of the University of Alaska, but the authority to
make appointments may be delegated.
- (b) Unless a waiver is granted by the commissioner of administration, an appointing authority may not appoint a person to
state service if the person has been convicted under AS 11.56.845
. Before granting a waiver under this subsection, the commissioner shall give notice in writing to the Legislative
Budget and Audit Committee of the intent to grant a waiver.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.