- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 23. State Officers Compensation Commission
- Section 200. Compensation Commission Established.
previous: Section 10
. - 39.23.130l Alaska Salary Commission. [Repealed, Sec. 37 Ch 3 SLA 1980].
next: Section 210
. Prohibitions Against State or Municipal Service.
AS 39.23.200. Compensation Commission Established.
- (a) The State Officers Compensation Commission is established. The commission is
composed of seven members appointed by the governor subject to confirmation by a majority of the legislature in joint
session. Members serve for staggered terms of four years. Commission membership shall include at least one business
executive, one representative of a nonpartisan voters' organization, one person with experience in public
administration, and one representative of a labor organization. Except as provided in AS 39.05.080
(4), a vacancy shall be filled for the balance of the unexpired term. A commission member may serve no more than two
complete consecutive terms.
- (b) The commission shall elect a member to chair its meetings. A majority of the commission members constitutes a quorum
to transact business. The affirmative vote of four members is required to approve the commission's recommendations on
- (c) The commission shall meet every other year at the call of the chair. Notice of a meeting shall be mailed to each
member at least 15 days before the date scheduled for the meeting.
- (d) The commission shall hold a public hearing to discuss its findings and recommendations before submitting its final
report to the legislature.
- (e) The commission shall be established in the Office of the Governor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.