- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 50. Exchange of State Land
- Section 110. Notice of Proposed Exchange.
previous: Section 100
. Finding Requirement as to Alternatives.
next: Section 120
. Public Hearings.
AS 38.50.110. Notice of Proposed Exchange.
- (a) Not more than 60 days nor less than 30 days before a public hearing is scheduled under AS 38.50.120
the director shall circulate a notice containing the information specified in (b) of this section except as provided
in (c) of this section. The director shall
- (1) publish or post the notice as provided in AS 38.05.945
, except as otherwise specified in this section; the director shall publish the notice in a newspaper of general
circulation in the vicinity of the land which the state will receive and in the three most populated cities of the
- (2) mail the notice to any person who has filed a request for notice of proposed exchanges;
- (3) mail the notice to each member of the legislature;
- (4) mail the notice to each municipality the boundaries of which encompass or are located within six linear miles of land
involved in the proposed exchange;
- (5) circulate the notice to the Office of the Governor and to all state departments;
- (6) mail the notice to any corporation organized under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, which corporation owns or
has selected land located within a radius of 15 linear miles from land or property involved in the proposed exchange;
- (7) mail the notice to any other party, including an organization of land users, that the director considers appropriate.
- (b) The notice of proposed exchange shall include the following information:
- (1) a statement of the proposed action and a legal or other appropriate description of the tracts and potential uses of
land involved in the proposed exchange;
- (2) a map of sufficient scale to allow identification of each tract in relationship to reference points which are easily
identified by laymen;
- (3) the name and post office address of each party to the proposed exchange;
- (4) a statement that any person asserting a claim to the property involved or desiring to comment or to obtain further
information concerning the exchange should contact the office designated in the notice;
- (5) the date, time, and place of a public hearing which has been scheduled in connection with the proposed exchange.
- (c) The director shall provide the information required under (b) of this section in the notice required under AS 38.05.945
(b) for exchanges of
- (1) less than 500 acres of state land; or
- (2) state land having an appraised or estimated fair market value of less than $100,000.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.