- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 15. Bonding
- Section 650. Bond Terms.
previous: Section 640
. Bond Redemption Fund.
next: Section 660
. Bond Resolution.
AS 37.15.650. Bond Terms.
- (a) The toll facilities bonds are sold in the amounts or series and at the time as determined by the committee. Before
selling a series of bonds, the committee shall give notice inviting sealed bids. If satisfactory bids are received,
the bonds offered for sale are awarded to the highest responsible bidder. If the committee determines that a bid
received is not satisfactory as to price or responsibility of the bidder, the committee may reject the bid received.
Bonds, or a series of bonds, may not be sold if the effective interest rate over the life of the bonds exceeds 11
percent per year or that rate of interest that is 125 percent of the rate of the Bond Buyer Index of 20 Municipal Bond
Average Yields for the week previous to the date of sale of the bonds, whichever is higher. Interest is payable
annually or semiannually.
- (b) The bonds mature at the time fixed by the committee. The bonds may be subject to redemption before their fixed
maturities as determined by the committee and with the premium fixed by the committee, but a bond may not be subject to
redemption before its fixed maturity date unless the right to redeem that bond is expressly mentioned on the face of
the bond. The bonds
- (1) may be in denominations determined by the committee;
- (2) may be issued in coupon form or in fully registered form, and may be registrable as to principal or both principal and
interest, all under regulations and conditions the committee provides;
- (3) are payable as to principal and interest at the place determined by the committee;
- (4) shall be signed on behalf of the state by the governor and shall be attested to by the lieutenant governor, both of
which signatures may be facsimile signatures, and each of the interest coupons attached to them shall be signed by the
facsimile signatures of these officials;
- (5) shall have the seal of the state impressed, printed, or lithographed on them; and
- (6) shall be issued under and subject to the terms, conditions, and covenants, providing for the payment of the principal
of and interest on the bonds and the other terms, conditions, covenants, and protective features safeguarding this
payment and relating to the maintenance, operation, and improvement of the toll facilities as found necessary by the
committee, which covenants may include a provision requiring the setting aside and maintenance of certain reserves to
secure the payment of the principal and interest.
- (c) If found reasonably necessary, the committee may select a trustee or trustees for the holders of the bonds or any
series of the bonds, for the safeguarding and disbursement of any of the money in any of the funds created by AS 37.15.620
, 37.15.630, and 37.15.640, or for the duties for authentication,
delivery, and registration of the bonds as the committee may determine. The committee shall also fix the rights,
duties, powers, and obligations of the trustee or trustees.
- (d) In the committee's determination of all of the matters and questions relating to the issuance and sale of the bonds
and the fixing of the maturities, terms, conditions, and covenants of the bonds as provided in (a) - (c) of this
section, the decisions of the committee shall be those found to be reasonably necessary for the best interests of the
state and its inhabitants, and those that will accomplish the most advantageous sale of the bonds, with due regard,
however, (1) to necessary or normal costs of maintenance and operation; (2) to renewals and replacements of and repairs
to the toll facilities; (3) to all improvements to toll facilities and property of toll facilities owned, used,
operated, or leased in connection with toll facilities; and (4) to the future growth and expansion of all of the
facilities and the possibility of additional revenue bond financing for toll facilities purposes. A decision of the
committee, as expressed in any bond resolution, is final when any bonds have been issued under the bond resolution.
- (e) A bond resolution may provide that the bonds issued contain a recital that they are issued under AS 37.15.610
- 37.15.760, and any bonds containing this recital
are conclusively considered to be valid and to have been issued in conformity with AS 37.15.610
- (f) The validity of the authorization and issuance of bonds is not affected by any proceeding for the acquisition or
construction of the additions, improvements, or facilities for which the bonds have been issued or by any contract in
connection with the acquisition or construction.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.