- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 15. Bonding
- Section 15. Notice Before Election.
previous: Section 12
. Continuing Debt Service Appropriation.
next: Section 20
. Manner and Amounts of Sale.
AS 37.15.015. Notice Before Election.
- (a) Before a general or special election in which a bond issue is offered for ratification, the state bond committee shall
publish a notice of existing state bonded indebtedness at least once a week for three consecutive weeks in a newspaper
of general circulation in each of the four judicial districts of the state. The first notice shall be published at
least 20 days before the date of the election. A notice must contain
- (1) the current total bonded indebtedness of the state;
- (2) the cost of the debt service on the current indebtedness;
- (3) the projected amount of state general obligation debt principal that could be issued and paid for from the Alaska debt
- (4) the estimated debt service requirements for the bond issue offered for ratification; and
- (5) whether the bond issue offered for ratification will be repaid with amounts from the Alaska debt retirement fund.
- (b) Neither the failure to publish the notice of existing state bonded indebtedness nor a defect in the publication
affects the validity of the bond issue offered for ratification or of a general or special election in which a bond
issue is offered for ratification.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.