- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 14. Trust Funds
- Section 820. Use of the Mine Reclamation Trust Fund Operating Account.
previous: Section 810
. Powers and Duties of the Commissioner of Revenue.
next: Section 830
AS 37.14.820. Use of the Mine Reclamation Trust Fund Operating Account.
- (a) The commissioner of natural resources may make expenditures from the mine reclamation trust fund operating account for
the following purposes:
- (1) reclamation of mining operations for which a payment or deposit has been made into the fund;
- (2) maintenance of dams and other permanent features related to a mining operation;
- (3) monitoring of site stability and water quality related to a mining operation;
- (4) control and treatment of acid rock drainage and other leachate related to a mining operation;
- (5) protection and treatment of surface water and groundwater related to a mining operation;
- (6) long-term site management of a mining operation;
- (7) refunds to miners of the deposits to the fund upon satisfactory completion of reclamation tasks as determined by the
Department of Natural Resources.
- (b) Subject to appropriation, the mine reclamation trust fund operating account may be used to pay the expenses incurred
by the commissioner of revenue in managing the fund and administrative expenses incurred by the Department of Natural
Resources in administering the fund and programs under AS 27.19
and AS 27.21.
- (c) The Department of Natural Resources may not spend money deposited in the fund for one mining operation at another
- (d) In accordance with AS 37.14.800
(b), and except as provided in (b) of this section, earnings on the mine reclamation trust fund operating account are
added to that account and are available for expenditure without further appropriation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.