- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 14. Trust Funds
- Section 730. Use of Fund.
previous: Section 720
. Powers and Duties of the Commissioner of Revenue.
next: Section 740
AS 37.14.730. Use of Fund.
- (a) As soon as practicable after July 1 of each year, the commissioner of revenue shall determine the average month-end
market value of the fund for the immediately preceding three fiscal years. The commissioner shall identify five percent
of that amount as available for appropriation by the legislature for uses described in (b) of this section.
- (b) Appropriations of the amount identified in (a) of this section may be used for the following purposes:
- (1) grants for the maintenance, repair, replacement, and enhancement of, or addition to, veterans' memorials or monuments
to the military;
- (2) grants for the development and construction of new veterans' memorials or monuments to the military if the adjutant
general determines that the purposes set out in (1) of this subsection have been met in a fiscal year;
- (3) reimbursement of the costs of establishment, management, and administration of the fund.
- (c) After consultation with appropriate veterans' organizations, the adjutant general of the Department of Military and
Veterans' Affairs shall administer the grant program and award grants from the money appropriated from the fund. The
adjutant general may adopt regulations under AS 44.62
(Administrative Procedure Act) to establish procedures and standards to administer the grant program and for the award
of grants. The standards may include requirements for recipients to match grant awards, if appropriate.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.