- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 13. Alaska Permanent Fund and Corporation
- Section 70. Removal and Vacancies.
previous: Section 60
. Term of Office.
next: Section 80
. Quorum and Voting.
AS 37.13.070. Removal and Vacancies.
- (a) The governor may remove a public member of the board from office only for cause. A removal by the governor must be in
writing and must state the reason for the removal. A member who is removed by the governor may not participate in board
business and may not be counted for purposes of establishing a quorum after the member receives written notice of
removal from the governor.
- (b) A vacancy on the board shall be promptly filled by appointment by the governor. An appointee to a vacancy shall hold
office for the balance of the term for which the appointee's predecessor on the board was appointed.
- (c) A vacancy on the board does not impair the authority of a quorum of the board to exercise all the powers and perform
all the duties of the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.