- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 10. Public Funds
- Section 420. "Money Available For Appropriation" Defined.
previous: Section 410
. "Administrative Proceedings Involving Taxes" Defined.
next: Section 430
. Management of the Budget Reserve Fund.
AS 37.10.420. "Money Available For Appropriation" Defined.
- (a) For purposes of applying art. IX, sec. 17(b), Constitution of the State of Alaska,
- (1) "the amount available for appropriation" or "funds available for appropriation" means
- (A) the unrestricted revenue accruing to the general fund during the fiscal year;
- (B) general fund program receipts as defined in AS 37.05.146
- (C) the unreserved, undesignated general fund balance carried forward from the preceding fiscal year that is not subject
to the repayment obligation imposed by art. IX, sec. 17(d), Constitution of the State of Alaska; and
- (D) the balance in the statutory budget reserve fund established in AS 37.05.540
- (2) "the amount appropriated for the previous fiscal year" means the amount appropriated from the
- (A) constitutional budget reserve fund under the authority granted in art. IX, sec. 17, Constitution of the State of
- (B) same revenue sources used to calculate the money available for appropriation for the current fiscal year; and
- (3) "the amount of appropriations made in the previous calendar year for the previous fiscal year" means appropriations
made from sources identified in (2) of this subsection for a fiscal year that were enacted during the calendar year
that ends on December 31 of that same fiscal year.
- (b) If the amount appropriated from the budget reserve fund has not been repaid under art. IX, sec. 17(d), Constitution of
the State of Alaska, the Department of Administration shall transfer to the budget reserve fund the amount of money
comprising the unreserved, undesignated general fund balance to be carried forward as of June 30 of the fiscal year, or
as much of it as is necessary to complete the repayment. The transfer shall be made on or before December 16 of the
following fiscal year.
- (c) In this section, "unrestricted revenue accruing to the general fund" or "unreserved, undesignated general fund balance
carried forward" is money not restricted by law to a specific use that accrues to the general fund according to
accepted principles of governmental or fund accounting adopted for the state accounting system established under AS 37.05.150
in effect on July 1, 1990.
- (d) An appropriation under art. IX, sec. 17(b), Constitution of the State of Alaska, requires an affirmative vote of the
majority of the members of each house of the legislature. An appropriation under art. IX, sec. 17(c) requires an
affirmative vote of three-fourths of the members of each house of the legislature.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.