- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 10. Public Funds
- Section 75. Deposit of State Funds.
previous: Section 71
. Investment Powers and Duties.
next: Section 78
. Prohibited Deposits and Investments in Certain Banks.
AS 37.10.075. Deposit of State Funds.
- (a) When the commissioner of revenue determines that there are funds in the state treasury that are not being used for the
purposes provided for in AS 37.10.070
, they may be deposited in financial institutions. Collateral may be required by the commissioner to secure state
deposits provided for under this section.
- (b) The commissioner of revenue may require the banks in which state funds are deposited under a time deposit agreement to
pay at least a minimum interest rate to be fixed by the Department of Revenue, and this interest when paid shall be
deposited in the general fund or in the other funds that are established by law.
- (c) This section does not prohibit the Department of Revenue from depositing the funds that it considers necessary for the
proper conduct of the office in solvent banks outside the state under the terms and conditions provided in this
- (d) The Department of Revenue may deposit funds in banks inside or outside the state without requiring those banks in
which the funds are deposited to pay interest on the deposits. It is the intention of the legislature that the
department may compensate the banks for handling state disbursements in a manner determined by the commissioner of revenue
to be in the best interests of the state.
- (e) Banks holding state deposits shall, as a condition of retaining those deposits, submit all information concerning the
deposits and other relevant matters that may be requested by the commissioner.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.