- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 7. Executive Budget Act
- Section 40. Office of Management and Budget.
previous: Section 30
. Responsibilities of the Legislature. [Repealed, Sec. 9 Ch 27 SLA 1998].
next: Section 50
. Agency Program and Financial Plans; Mission Statements.
AS 37.07.040. Office of Management and Budget.
The Alaska office of management and budget shall
- (1) assist the governor in the preparation and explanation of the proposed comprehensive program and financial plan,
including the coordination and analysis of state agency goals and objectives, plans, and budget requests;
- (2) prepare for submission to the governor an annually updated six-year capital improvements program and the proposed
capital improvements budget for the coming fiscal year, the latter to include individual project justification with
documentation of estimated project cost;
- (3) develop procedures to produce the information needed for effective policy decision making, including procedures to
provide for the dissemination of information about plans, programs, and budget requests to be included in the annual
budget and opportunity for public review and comment during the period of budget preparation;
- (4) assist state agencies in their statement of goals and objectives to achieve, among other things, the legislature's
mission and desired results, preparation of plans, assessments of the extent to which missions and desired results have
been achieved, budget requests, and reporting of program performance; all documents forwarded by the office to a state
agency containing instructions for the preparation of program plans and budget requests and the reporting of program
performance are public information after the date they are forwarded;
- (5) administer its responsibilities under the program execution provisions of this chapter so that the policy decisions
and budget determinations of the governor and the legislature are implemented;
- (6) provide the legislative finance division with the budget information it may request;
- (7) provide the legislative finance division with an advance copy of the governor's budget workbooks at least seven
days before the legislature convenes in a regular session;
- (8) prepare the proposed capital improvements budget for the coming fiscal year evaluating both state and local requests
from the standpoint of need, equity, and priorities of the jurisdiction; other factors such as project amounts,
population, local financial match, federal funds being used for local match, municipality or unincorporated community
acceptance of the facility, and all associated costs of the facility may be considered;
- (9) for each department in the executive branch, report to the legislature by the 45th day of each regular session the
amount of money appropriated to the department that is expected to lapse into the general fund at the end of the
current fiscal year;
- (10) establish and administer a state agency program performance management system involving planning, performance
budgeting, performance measurement, and program evaluation; the office shall ensure that information generated under
this system is useful for managing and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of agency operations.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.