- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 7. Executive Budget Act
- Section 10. Statement of Policy.
previous: Chapter 7
. Executive Budget Act
next: Section 14
. Responsibilities of the Legislature.
AS 37.07.010. Statement of Policy.
It is the purpose of this chapter to establish a comprehensive system for state program and financial management that
furthers the capacity of the governor and legislature to plan and finance the services that they determine the state
will provide for its citizens. The system must include procedures for
- (1) the orderly establishment, continuing review, and periodic revision of the program goals and policies of state
agencies and financial goals and policies of the state;
- (2) the development, coordination, and review of long-range program and financial plans that will implement established
state goals and policies;
- (3) the preparation, coordination, analysis, and enactment of a budget that is organized to focus on the services provided
by state agencies and on the cost of those services and that provides for implementation of policies and plans, in the
succeeding budget period;
- (4) the evaluation of alternatives to existing policies, plans, and procedures that offer potential for more efficient
- (5) the regular appraisal and reporting of program performance;
- (6) public participation in the development of the annual budget, including opportunity for the public to review and
comment upon the plans and programs of the Office of the Governor and all state agencies in the executive branch, the
legislature, the judicial system, the University of Alaska, and the public corporations of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.