- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 735. Restriction On Contracting With or Employing Experts On Radiation Hazards.
previous: Section 730
. Supply of Personnel, Services, and Other Items.
next: Section 740
. Information Relating to Procurement Needs.
AS 36.30.735. Restriction On Contracting With or Employing Experts On Radiation Hazards.
- (a) Except for the Department of Health and Social Services, the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the
Department of Environmental Conservation, and the Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs, a state agency may not
- (1) contract, other than with the Department of Health and Social Services, to have services performed that require
expertise in determining or reducing the hazards of radiation; or
- (2) employ a person whose duties require expertise in determining or reducing the hazards of radiation.
- (b) In this section, "state agency"
- (1) means a state department or agency, whether in the legislative, judicial, or executive branch;
- (2) does not include the University of Alaska, a municipality, or an agency of a municipality.
- (c) In this section, "radiation" does not include radiation emitted from a Federal Communications Commission licensed
facility emitting radiation of a wave length longer than one centimeter and an average power output not exceeding two
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.