- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 400. Required Cost and Pricing Data and Contract Provisions.
previous: Section 390
. Contract Term and Cancellation.
next: Section 410
. Right to Inspect Plant.
AS 36.30.400. Required Cost and Pricing Data and Contract Provisions.
- (a) Before an award of a contract or a change order or contract modification, the contractor or prospective contractor
shall submit cost and pricing data. The contractor or prospective contractor shall certify that, to the best of the
contractor's or prospective contractor's knowledge and belief, the data submitted is accurate, complete, and current as
of a mutually determined specified date and will continue to be accurate and complete during the performance of the
- (b) When a contractor becomes aware of a situation that may form the basis of a claim for compensation that exceeds the
amount designated as the base amount of the contract and before performing additional work or supplying additional
materials, the contractor shall submit cost and pricing data on the additional work or materials. The contractor shall
certify that, to the best of the contractor's knowledge and belief, the data submitted is accurate, complete, and
current and is the actual cost to the contractor of performing the additional work or supplying the additional
- (c) A contract, change order, or contract modification under which a certificate is required under (a) or (b) of this
section must contain a provision that the price to the state, including the contractor's profit or fee, will be
adjusted to exclude any significant sums by which the state finds that the price is increased because the cost or
pricing data furnished by the contractor or prospective contractor is inaccurate, incomplete, or not current as of the
date agreed upon by the parties.
- (d) The requirements of (a) of this section do not apply when
- (1) the contract price is based on adequate price competition;
- (2) the contract price is set by law or regulation; or
- (3) it is determined by the procurement officer in writing and in accordance with regulations adopted by the commissioner
that the requirements of (a) of this section may be waived, and the reasons for waiver are stated.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.