- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 200. Conditions For Use.
previous: Section 190
. Multi-Step Sealed Bidding.
next: Section 210
. Request For Proposals.
AS 36.30.200. Conditions For Use.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, or unless specifically exempted by law, an agency contract shall be
awarded by competitive sealed proposals if it is not awarded by competitive sealed bidding.
- (b) The commissioner may provide by regulation that it is either not practicable or not advantageous to the state to
procure specified types of supplies, services, or construction by competitive sealed bidding that would otherwise be
procured by that method. When the procurement officer determines in writing with particularity that the use of
competitive sealed proposals is more advantageous to the state than competitive sealed bidding, a contract may be
entered into by competitive sealed proposals.
- (c) When the commissioner of transportation and public facilities determines that it is advantageous to the state, a
procurement officer may issue a request for proposals requesting the submission of offers to provide construction in
accordance with a design provided by the offeror. The request for proposals shall require that each proposal submitted
contain a single price that includes the design-build.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.