- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 80. Escrow Transactions For Residential Real Property
- Section 40. Disbursement of Escrow Money.
previous: Section 30
. Interest On Escrow Money.
next: Section 50
. Recording, Filing, or Delivery of Escrow Transaction Documents.
AS 34.80.040. Disbursement of Escrow Money.
- (a) A settlement agent may not disburse escrow money unless items that are at least equal in value to the proposed
disbursements have been received by the settlement agent for the escrow transaction, have been deposited as required by
(b), and are available for withdrawal as a matter of right from the depository escrow account.
- (b) A settlement agent may not disburse escrow money on the same business day as the items are deposited under AS 34.80.020
(b) unless the deposit is made in cash, by interbank electronic transfer, or in a form that permits conversion of the
deposit to cash on the same day the deposit is made.
- (c) A settlement agent may not disburse escrow money on the business day after the business day on which the items are
deposited under (a) of this section unless the deposit is made by
- (1) a cashier's check or a certified check and the cashier's check or certified check is payable in the state and drawn on
a financial institution located in the state;
- (2) a cashier's check, a negotiable order of withdrawal, a money order, or another item and the check, order of
withdrawal, money order, or other item has been finally paid before the disbursement; or
- (3) a depository check, including a cashier's, certified, or teller's check, that is governed by 12 U.S.C. 4001 - 4010
(Expedited Funds Availability Act).
- (d) In (a) of this section, "available for withdrawal as a matter of right" means
- (1) when the item has been submitted for collection and payment for the item has been received;
- (2) when the financial institution where an item has been deposited considers the money represented by the item available
for withdrawal; or
- (3) unless written notification has been received from the financial institution where the item was deposited establishing
a longer period for an item drawn on an out-of-state financial institution, after a reasonable time has passed for
prohibiting customers from drawing on the item.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.