- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 65. Land Surveys
- Section 40. Records of Monument.
previous: Section 30
. Records of Survey.
next: Section 50
. When Record of Survey is Not Required.
AS 34.65.040. Records of Monument.
- (a) A land surveyor who in the course of a survey establishes, reestablishes, uses as control, or restores a monument to
make it readily identifiable or reasonably durable shall record a monument record, unless the monument and its
accessories are substantially as described in a monument record filed or recorded under this chapter or on a survey
plat of record.
- (b) An agency whose activities will disturb or destroy a monument or its accessories shall have a land surveyor
- (1) record a monument record before the monument or its accessories are disturbed or destroyed;
- (2) restore or replace the monument and its accessories after the activities have ceased; and
- (3) record a new monument record after restoring or replacing the monument or its accessories.
- (c) A person who disturbs or destroys a monument shall record a notice of the disturbance or destruction in the office of
the district recorder.
- (d) A land surveyor may record a monument record for any monument.
- (e) A land surveyor who is required to record a monument record under this section shall do so within 90 days of the
completion of the survey or of the establishment, reestablishment, or rehabilitation of a monument.
- (f) A monument record shall be signed and sealed by the land surveyor responsible for the survey.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.