- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 55. Uniform Land Sales Practices Act
- Section 42. Exemptions.
previous: Section 38
. Uniformity of Interpretation.
next: Section 44
AS 34.55.042. Exemptions.
- (a) Unless the method of disposition is adopted for the purpose of evasion of this chapter, the registration provisions of
this chapter do not apply to offers or dispositions of an interest in land
- (1) by a purchaser of subdivided land for the account of the purchaser in a single or isolated transaction;
- (2) if fewer than 10 separate lots, parcels, units, or interests in subdivided land located outside this state are offered
by a subdivider in a period of 12 months, or if fewer than 50 separate lots, parcels, units, or interests in subdivided
land located in this state are offered by a subdivider in a period of 12 months;
- (3) on which there is a residential, commercial, or industrial building, or as to which there is a legal obligation on the
part of the seller to construct such a building within one year from date of disposition;
- (4) to persons who are engaged in the business of construction of buildings for resale, or to persons who acquire an
interest in subdivided land for the purpose of engaging, and do engage in the business of construction of buildings for
- (5) under court order;
- (6) by a government or government agency;
- (7) as cemetery lots or interest;
- (8) if the land is located in this state and is registered or exempt from registration under the provisions of the federal
Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act (15 U.S.C. 1701 - 1720).
- (b) Unless the method of disposition is adopted for the purpose of evasion of this chapter, the provisions of this chapter
do not apply to
- (1) offers or dispositions of evidences of indebtedness secured by a mortgage or deed of trust of real estate;
- (2) offers or dispositions of securities or units of interest issued by a real estate investment trust regulated under a
state or federal statute;
- (3) offers or dispositions of securities currently registered with the department; and
- (4) offers or disposition of an interest in oil, gas, or other minerals or a royalty interest therein if the offers or
dispositions of the interests are regulated as securities by the department or by the United States.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.