- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 55. Uniform Land Sales Practices Act
- Section 36. Service of Process.
previous: Section 34
. Interstate Rendition.
next: Section 38
. Uniformity of Interpretation.
AS 34.55.036. Service of Process.
- (a) In addition to the methods of service provided for in the Rules of Civil Procedure, service may be made by delivering
a copy of the process to the department, but it is not effective unless
- (1) the plaintiff, which may be the department in a proceeding instituted by it, immediately sends a copy of the process
and of the pleading by certified mail to the defendant or respondent at the last known address of the defendant or
- (2) the plaintiff's affidavit of compliance with this section is filed in the case on or before the return day of the
process, if any, or within such further time as the court allows.
- (b) If a person, including a nonresident of this state, engages in conduct prohibited by this chapter or a regulation or
order under this chapter, and has not filed a consent to service of process and personal jurisdiction cannot otherwise
be obtained in this state, the department is authorized to receive service of process in any noncriminal proceeding
against the person or the person's successor that grows out of that conduct and that is brought under this chapter or a
regulation or order under this chapter, with the same force and validity as if served on the person personally. Notice
shall be given as provided in (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.