- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 45. Unclaimed Property
- Section 720. Application; Exceptions.
previous: Section 710
. Foreign Transactions.
next: Section 730
AS 34.45.720. Application; Exceptions.
- (a) AS 34.45.110
- 34.45.780 do not relieve a holder of a duty that
arose before September 7, 1986 to report, pay, or deliver property. A holder who did not comply with the law in effect
before September 7, 1986 is subject to the applicable enforcement and penalty provisions that existed before September
7, 1986, and the applicable enforcement and penalty provisions are continued in effect for the purpose of this
- (b) The initial report filed under AS 34.45.280
for property that was not required to be reported before September 7, 1986 but that is subject to AS 34.45.110
- 34.45.780 must include all items of property that
would have been presumed abandoned during the six-year period preceding September 7, 1986, as if AS 34.45.110
- 34.45.780 had been in effect during that period.
- (c) AS 34.45.110
- 34.45.780 do not apply to a disbursement for the payment
of a permanent fund dividend.
- (d) Checks, drafts, currency, and tangible property that are found and turned over to, or found and recovered by, a law
enforcement agency of a municipality are not subject to AS 34.45.110
- 34.45.780 if the municipality has adopted an
ordinance providing for the custody and disposition of the property.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.