- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 20. Mortgages and Trust Deeds
- Section 150. Maturity of Lien.
previous: Section 140
. Recording Memorandum Extending Lien.
next: Section 160
. Notice of Other Remedies.
AS 34.20.150. Maturity of Lien.
- (a) The date of maturity of an instrument creating a lien upon real property is considered to be 10 years from the date of
the instrument, unless
- (1) the period of the instrument is disclosed by the terms of the instrument; or
- (2) another instrument extending the period of the first instrument or a memorandum of payment of the first instrument is
- (b) When an existing recorded instrument is recorded before March 26, 1955, which creates a lien upon real property but
which does not disclose the period of the instrument, another instrument extending the period of the first instrument,
or a memorandum of payment of the first instrument may be recorded before January 1, 1956.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.