- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 8. Common Interest Ownership
- Section 820. Adjustment of Dollar Amounts.
previous: Section 810
. Remedies to Be Liberally Administered.
next: Section 830
. Transfer of Unit in a Cooperative.
AS 34.08.820. Adjustment of Dollar Amounts.
- (a) The dollar amounts specified in AS 34.08.030
and 34.08.510(b)(7) change under (b) and (c) of this
section, according to and to the extent of changes in the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical
Workers: U.S. City Average, All Items 1967 equal 100, compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, United States
Department of Labor, (the "Index"). The Index for December, 1979, which was 230, is the Reference Base Index.
- (b) The dollar amounts specified in AS 34.08.030
and 34.08.510(b)(7) and any amount stated in the
declaration pursuant to those sections change on July 1 of each year if the percentage of change, calculated to the
nearest whole percentage point, between the Index at the end of the preceding year and the Reference Base Index is 10
percent or more, except that
- (1) the portion of the percentage change in the Index in excess of a multiple of 10 percent shall be disregarded and the
dollar amounts shall change only in multiples of 10 percent of the amounts appearing in this chapter on January 1,
- (2) the dollar amounts may not change if the amounts required by this section are those currently in effect under this
chapter as a result of an earlier application of this section; and
- (3) in no event may the dollar amounts be reduced below the amounts appearing in this chapter on January 1, 1986.
- (c) If the Index is revised after December 1979, the percentage of change under this section shall be calculated on the
basis of the revised Index. If the revision of the Index changes the Reference Base Index, a revised Reference Base
Index must be determined by multiplying the Reference Base Index then applicable by the rebasing factor furnished by
the Bureau of Labor Statistics. If the Index is superseded, the index referred to in this section is the one
represented by the Bureau of Labor Statistics as reflecting most accurately changes in the purchasing power of the
dollar for consumers.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.