- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 8. Common Interest Ownership
- Section 730. Applicability of Local Ordinances, Regulations, and Building Codes.
previous: Section 720
. Separate Titles and Taxation.
next: Section 740
. Eminent Domain.
AS 34.08.730. Applicability of Local Ordinances, Regulations, and Building Codes.
- (a) A building code may not impose a requirement upon a structure in a common interest community that the building code
would not impose upon a physically identical development under a different form of ownership.
- (b) A zoning, subdivision, or other real estate use law, ordinance, or regulation may not prohibit the condominium or
cooperative form of ownership or impose a requirement upon a condominium or cooperative that it would not impose upon a
physically identical development under a different form of ownership.
- (c) Except as provided in (a) and (b) of this section, the provisions of this chapter do not invalidate or modify a
provision of a building code, zoning, subdivision, or other real estate use law, ordinance, or regulation governing the
use of real estate.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.