- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 8. Common Interest Ownership
- Section 650. Exclusion or Modification of Implied Warranties of Quality.
previous: Section 640
. Implied Warranties of Quality.
next: Section 660
. Statute of Limitations For Warranties.
AS 34.08.650. Exclusion or Modification of Implied Warranties of Quality.
- (a) Except as limited by (b) of this section with respect to a purchaser of a unit that may be used for residential use,
implied warranties of quality
- (1) may be excluded or modified by written agreement of the parties; and
- (2) are excluded by a written expression of disclaimer such as "as is," "with all faults," or other language that in
common understanding calls the attention of the purchaser to the exclusion of warranties.
- (b) With respect to a purchaser of a unit that may be occupied for residential use, a general disclaimer of implied
warranties of quality is not effective, but a declarant and a dealer may disclaim liability in an instrument signed by
the purchaser for a specified defect or specified failure to comply with applicable law, if the defect or failure
entered into and became a part of the basis of the bargain.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.