- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 8. Common Interest Ownership
- Section 60. Amendments to Governing Instruments.
previous: Section 50
. Applicability to Small Preexisting Cooperatives and Planned Communities.
next: Section 70
. Applicability to Nonresidential Common Interest Communities.
AS 34.08.060. Amendments to Governing Instruments.
- (a) In amendments to the declaration, bylaws, or plats and plans of a common interest community created before January 1,
- (1) if the result accomplished by the amendment was permitted by law prior to this chapter, the amendment may be made
either in accordance with the former law, in which case that law applies to that amendment, or it may be made under
this chapter; and
- (2) if the result accomplished by the amendment is permitted by this chapter and was not permitted by law before January
1, 1986, the amendment may be made under this chapter.
- (b) An amendment to the declaration, bylaws, or plats and plans authorized by this chapter must be adopted in conformity
with law and with the procedures and requirements specified by the declaration, bylaws, or plats and plans. If an
amendment grants a person any right, power, or privilege permitted by this chapter, each correlative obligation,
liability, and restriction in this chapter also applies to the person.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.