- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 33. Probation, Prisons, and Prisoners
- Chapter 30. Prison Facilities and Prisoners
- Section 261. Excess Money as Contraband.
previous: Section 260
. Rehabilitation Furloughs. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 88 SLA 1986].
next: Section 270
. Employment of Imprisoned Persons. [Repealed, Sec. 6 Ch 53 SLA 1982].
AS 33.30.261. Excess Money as Contraband.
- (a) A prisoner who possesses money in an amount greater than that permitted by the commissioner is subject to disciplinary
sanctions under regulations adopted by the commissioner.
- (b) Money in the possession of a prisoner in an amount greater than that permitted by the commissioner is contraband. If,
after a hearing under regulations adopted by the commissioner, a prisoner is found to have been in possession of
contraband under this section, the contraband shall be forfeited and deposited into the general fund.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.