- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 33. Probation, Prisons, and Prisoners
- Chapter 30. Prison Facilities and Prisoners
- Section 151. Correctional Restitution Centers.
previous: Section 150
. Visitation Privileges. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 88 SLA 1986].
next: Section 160
. Transportation of Prisoners. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 88 SLA 1986].
AS 33.30.151. Correctional Restitution Centers.
- (a) The commissioner shall establish correctional restitution centers in the state. The purpose of the centers is to
provide certain offenders with rehabilitation through community service and employment while protecting the community
through partial incarceration of the offender, and to create a means to provide restitution to victims of crimes.
- (b) The commissioner shall adopt regulations setting standards for the operation of the centers including
- (1) requirements that the centers be secure and in compliance with state and local safety laws;
- (2) standards for disciplinary rules to be imposed on prisoners confined to the centers;
- (3) standards for the granting of emergency absence to prisoners confined to the centers;
- (4) standards for classifying prisoners to centers;
- (5) standards for mandatory employment and participation in community service programs in each center; and
- (6) standards for periodic review of the performance of prisoners confined to the centers.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.