- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 33. Probation, Prisons, and Prisoners
- Chapter 30. Prison Facilities and Prisoners
- Section 71. Responsibility For Prisoners Pending Commitment.
previous: Section 70
. Contracts With Privately Operated Facilities. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 88 SLA 1986].
next: Section 80
. Commissioner May Lease State Prison Facility to Political Subdivision. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 88 SLA 1986].
AS 33.30.071. Responsibility For Prisoners Pending Commitment.
- (a) The commissioner is not responsible for providing custody, care, and discipline for a person detained under AS 47.30.705
or AS 47.37.170
unless the person is admitted into a state correctional facility.
- (b) The responsibility of the commissioner under AS 33.30.011
begins when a prisoner is accepted into the commissioner's custody or admitted into a correctional facility.
- (c) Medical services for a prisoner who is unconscious or in immediate need of medical attention before admission to a
correctional facility or commitment by a court to the custody of the commissioner of corrections shall be provided by
the law enforcement agency having custody of the prisoner. The law enforcement agency may require the prisoner to
compensate the agency for the cost or for a portion of the cost of medical services provided for any preexisting
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.