- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 33. Probation, Prisons, and Prisoners
- Chapter 30. Prison Facilities and Prisoners
- Section 61. Commissioner to Designate Facility.
previous: Section 60
. Commissioner May Contract For Confinement and Care of Prisoners. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 88 SLA 1986].
next: Section 62
. Contracts With Privately Operated Facilities. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 88 SLA 1986].
AS 33.30.061. Commissioner to Designate Facility.
- (a) The commissioner shall designate the correctional facility to which a prisoner is to be committed to serve a term of
imprisonment or period of temporary commitment. The commissioner may designate a facility without regard to whether it
is maintained by the state, is located within the judicial district in which the prisoner was convicted, or is located
in the state.
- (b) The commissioner may designate an out-of-state facility under this section only if the commissioner determines that
rehabilitation or treatment of the prisoner will not be substantially impaired.
- (c) The commissioner may, under AS 33.30.065
, designate a prisoner to serve the prisoner's term of imprisonment or period of temporary commitment, or a part of the
term or period, by electronic monitoring. A prisoner serving a term of imprisonment, or a period of temporary
commitment, for a crime involving domestic violence is not eligible for electronic monitoring.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.