- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 33. Probation, Prisons, and Prisoners
- Chapter 16. Parole Administration
- Section 30. Selection Criteria For Board Members.
previous: Section 20
. Board of Parole.
next: Section 40
. Compensation and Expenses.
AS 33.16.030. Selection Criteria For Board Members.
- (a) The governor shall appoint board members on the basis of their qualifications to make decisions that are compatible
with the welfare of the community and of individual offenders. The governor shall appoint members who are able to
consider the character and background of offenders and the circumstances under which offenses were committed.
- (b) At least one person appointed to the board must have experience in the field of criminal justice.
- (c) Officers or employees of the state may not be appointed to the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.