- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 32. Partnership
- Chapter 11. Uniform Limited Partnership Act
- Section 470. Transaction of Business Without Registration.
previous: Section 460
. Cancellation of Registration.
next: Section 480
. Action By Department.
AS 32.11.470. Transaction of Business Without Registration.
- (a) A foreign limited partnership transacting business in this state may not maintain an action, suit, or proceeding in a
court of this state until it has registered in this state.
- (b) The failure of a foreign limited partnership to register in this state does not impair the validity of a contract or
act of the foreign limited partnership or prevent the foreign limited partnership from defending an action, suit, or
proceeding in a court of this state.
- (c) A limited partner of a foreign limited partnership is not liable as a general partner of the foreign limited
partnership solely by reason of having transacted business in this state without registration.
- (d) A foreign limited partnership, by transacting business in this state without registration, appoints the commissioner
as its agent for service of process with respect to causes of action arising out of the transaction of business in this
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.