- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 32. Partnership
- Chapter 11. Uniform Limited Partnership Act
- Section 420. Registration Required.
previous: Section 410
. Law Governing.
next: Section 430
. Issuance of Registration.
AS 32.11.420. Registration Required.
Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited partnership shall register with the department. In order
to register, a foreign limited partnership shall submit to the department an original and an exact copy of an
application for registration as a foreign limited partnership, signed and sworn to by a general partner and setting out
- (1) the name of the foreign limited partnership and, if different, the name under which it proposes to register and
transact business in this state;
- (2) the state and date of its formation;
- (3) the name and address of an agent for service of process on the foreign limited partnership whom the foreign limited
partnership elects to appoint; the agent must be an individual resident of this state, a domestic corporation, or a
foreign corporation having a place of business in, and authorized to do business in, this state;
- (4) a statement that the commissioner is appointed the agent of the foreign limited partnership for service of process if
an agent has not been appointed under (3) of this section or, if appointed, the agent's authority has been revoked or
if the agent cannot be found or served with the exercise of reasonable diligence;
- (5) the address of the office required to be maintained in the state of its organization by the laws of that state or, if
not so required, of the principal office of the foreign limited partnership;
- (6) the name and business address of each general partner; and
- (7) the address of the office at which is kept a list of the names and addresses of the limited partners and their capital
contributions, together with an undertaking by the foreign limited partnership to keep those records until the foreign
limited partnership's registration in this state is cancelled or withdrawn.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.