- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 32. Partnership
- Chapter 6. Uniform Partnership Act
- Section 995. Definitions.
previous: Section 990
. Uniformity of Application and Construction.
next: Section 997
. Short Title.
AS 32.06.995. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context indicates otherwise,
- (1) "business" includes a trade, an occupation, or a profession;
- (2) "commissioner" means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (3) "debtor in bankruptcy" means a person who is the subject of
- (A) an order for relief under 11 U.S.C. (Bankruptcy Code) or a comparable order under a successor statute of general
- (B) a comparable order under federal, state, or foreign law governing insolvency;
- (4) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (5) "distribution" means a transfer of money or other property from a partnership to a partner in the partner's capacity
as a partner or to the partner's transferee;
- (6) "foreign limited liability partnership" means a partnership that
- (A) is formed under laws other than the laws of this state; and
- (B) has the status of a limited liability partnership under those laws;
- (7) "limited liability partnership" means a partnership that has filed a statement of qualification under AS 32.06.911
and does not have a similar statement in effect in another jurisdiction;
- (8) "partnership" means an association of two or more persons to carry on as co-owners a business for profit formed under
, predecessor law, or a comparable law of another jurisdiction;
- (9) "partnership agreement" means the agreement, whether written, oral, or implied, among the partners concerning the
partnership, including amendments to the partnership agreement;
- (10) "partnership at will" means a partnership in which the partners have not agreed to remain partners until the
expiration of a definite term or the completion of a particular undertaking;
- (11) "partnership interest" or "partner's interest in the partnership" means all of a partner's interests in the
partnership, including the partner's transferable interest and all management and other rights;
- (12) "person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, joint venture,
government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity;
- (13) "property" means all property, including real, personal, mixed, tangible, or intangible property, or an interest in
- (14) "state" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory
or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States;
- (15) "statement" means a statement of partnership authority under AS 32.06.303, a statement of denial under AS 32.06.304
, a statement of dissociation under AS 32.06.704
, a statement of dissolution under AS 32.06.805, a
statement of merger under AS 32.06.907
, a statement of qualification under AS 32.06.911
, a statement of foreign qualification under AS 32.06.922
, or an amendment or cancellation of any of the foregoing;
- (16) "transfer" includes an assignment, conveyance, lease, mortgage, deed, and encumbrance.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.