- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 31. Oil and Gas
- Chapter 15. Common Purchasers of Oil
- Section 30. Responsibility of Common Purchaser.
previous: Section 20
. Determination of Common Purchaser.
next: Section 40
AS 31.15.030. Responsibility of Common Purchaser.
- (a) A common purchaser purchasing in this state shall purchase ratably without unjust and unreasonable discrimination in
favor of any owner or producer over any other owner or producer offering to sell oil produced from a field where it is
a common purchaser or from fields in reasonably close proximity to each other where it is a common purchaser.
- (b) If a purchaser is a common purchaser in more than one field in reasonably close proximity to each other, the
commission may order the purchaser to purchase ratably from the fields involved in proportions that will prevent unjust
and unreasonable discrimination among the fields.
- (c) The commission may make inquiry in each field concerning the connections of the various producers and when unjust and
unreasonable discrimination is found to be practiced by any common purchaser as defined in this chapter the commission
shall issue an order to the common purchaser to make reasonable extensions of their lines and reasonable connections as
will prevent the discrimination.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.