(a) The term of office of each member is six years. A commissioner, upon the expiration of a term, shall continue to hold office until a successor is appointed and qualified.
(b) A vacancy arising in the office of a commissioner shall be filled by appointment by the governor and confirmed by the legislature in joint session, and, except as provided in AS 39.05.080(4), an appointee selected to fill a vacancy shall hold office for the balance of the full term for which the predecessor on the commission was appointed.
(c) A vacancy in the commission does not impair the authority of a quorum of commissioners to exercise all the powers and perform all the duties of the commission.
(d) The governor may remove a commissioner from office for cause including but not limited to incompetence, neglect of duty or misconduct in office. A commissioner, to be removed for cause, shall be given a copy of the charges and afforded an opportunity to be publicly heard in person or by counsel in the commissioner’s own defense upon not less than 10 days’ notice. If a commissioner is removed for cause, the governor shall file with the lieutenant governor a complete statement of all charges made against the commissioner and the governor’s finding based on the charges, together with a complete record of the proceedings.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 31.05.005. Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission created.
- Sec. 31.05.009. Qualifications of members. Repealed
- Sec. 31.05.011. Quorum.
- Sec. 31.05.013. Oath of office.
- Sec. 31.05.015. Compensation of members of the commission.
- Sec. 31.05.017. Principal office; seal. Renumbered
- Sec. 31.05.021. Legal counsel.
- Sec. 31.05.023. Commission staff.
- Sec. 31.05.025. Conflict of interest.
- Sec. 31.05.027. Land subject to commission’s authority.
- Sec. 31.05.030. Powers and duties of commission.
- Sec. 31.05.032. Certification of gas storage capacity.
- Sec. 31.05.035. Confidential reports.
- Sec. 31.05.040. Regulations and orders.
- Sec. 31.05.050. Notice.
- Sec. 31.05.060. Action by commission.
- Sec. 31.05.070. Attendance and testimony of witnesses.
- Sec. 31.05.080. Reconsiderations. Repealed
- Sec. 31.05.085. Expenses of investigation or hearing.
- Sec. 31.05.090. Permits to drill wells.
- Sec. 31.05.093. Regulated well regulatory cost charge.
- Sec. 31.05.095. Waste prohibited.
- Sec. 31.05.100. Establishment of drilling units for pools.
- Sec. 31.05.110. Unitization and unitized operation of pools and integration of interests by agreement. Repealed
- Sec. 31.05.120. Use of gas from well to manufacture carbon products without permit is prima facie waste. Repealed
- Sec. 31.05.150. Penalties.
- Sec. 31.05.160. Injunctive relief.
- Sec. 31.05.170. Definitions.