- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 30. Navigation, Harbors, and Shipping
- Chapter 17. Adak Reuse Authority
- Section 20. Membership of Authority.
previous: Section 10
. Creation of Authority.
next: Section 30
. Chair and Vice-Chair.
AS 30.17.020. Membership of Authority.
- (a) The membership of the authority consists of
- (1) the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (2) two other persons selected by the governor who serve as the heads of principal departments of the executive branch of
state government; and
- (3) four public members appointed by the governor, two of whom must be residents of the area that is within the boundaries
of the Aleut Corporation, a Native regional corporation established under 43 U.S.C. 1606 (Alaska Native Claims
- (b) If a member described in (a)(1) or (2) of this section is unable to attend a meeting of the authority, the member may,
by an instrument in writing filed with the authority, designate a deputy or assistant to act in the member's place as a
member at the meeting. For purposes of this chapter, the designee is a member of the authority at the meeting.
- (c) Members of the authority described in (a)(2) and (3) of this section serve two-year terms but serve at the pleasure of
- (d) If a vacancy occurs in the membership of the authority, the governor shall immediately appoint a member for the
unexpired portion of the term.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.