- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 30. Navigation, Harbors, and Shipping
- Chapter 15. State Participation in Port Facilities and Development
- Section 20. Criteria For Establishing Eligibility.
previous: Section 10
. State Grants For Port Facilities Construction.
next: Section 30
. Limitation On Grants.
AS 30.15.020. Criteria For Establishing Eligibility.
- (a) Before a grant may be awarded under this chapter, the commissioner shall determine that
- (1) the grant is for a feasible project;
- (2) the project is endorsed by resolution of the governing body of the sponsoring municipality on its own behalf, or on
behalf of a service area in an organized borough if a service area is established to finance and construct port
facilities and operate and maintain them once constructed; and
- (3) the municipality can clearly demonstrate its ability to finance the local share of project costs.
- (b) A grant may not be awarded under this chapter for a port facility development project until a study of its feasibility
is conducted and submitted with the application for the grant. The project also must be justifiable on the basis of
public convenience and necessity. The study shall be conducted by consultants, engineers, or other technical experts,
who may be officers or employees of the municipality in making application for a grant.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.