- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 30. Navigation, Harbors, and Shipping
- Chapter 13. Regional Resource Development Authorities
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 150
next: Chapter 15
. State Participation in Port Facilities and Development
AS 30.13.900. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "authority" means a public body created under AS 30.13.010
- (2) "bonds" means bonds or other obligations issued under this chapter;
- (3) "cost" includes the cost of acquisition or construction of all or any part of transportation facilities and of all or
any property, rights, easements, and franchises considered by an authority to be necessary, useful, or convenient,
including without limitation reimbursements to the authority or any other person of money expended for the purposes of
the authority and interest or discount on bonds to finance those expenses, engineering and inspection costs and legal
expenses, the cost of financial, professional, and other advice, and the cost of issuance of bonds;
- (4) "district" means the area within the boundaries of an authority;
- (5) "person" includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, society, state
or agency or subdivision of the state, municipality of the state, or an authority, as well as a natural person;
- (6) "transportation facilities", or "facilities", or "projects" means harbor, port, shipping and transportation facilities
of all kinds, including harbors, channels, turning basins, anchorage areas, jetties, breakwaters, waterways, canals,
locks, tidal basins, wharves, docks, piers, slips, bulkheads, public landings, warehouses, terminals, refrigerating and
cold storage plants, rolling stock, car ferries, tugs, boats, conveyors, tunnels, bridges, highways, roads and
railroads, and appliances of all kinds for the handling, storage, inspection, and transportation of freight and natural
resource products; it also includes all property, rights, easements, and franchises relative to a facility and
necessary or convenient for the acquisition, construction, or operation of the facility, but does not include airport
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.