- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 30. Navigation, Harbors, and Shipping
- Chapter 13. Regional Resource Development Authorities
- Section 20. Board of Governors.
previous: Section 10
. Creation of Authority.
next: Section 30
. Purpose of An Authority.
AS 30.13.020. Board of Governors.
- (a) The authority shall be governed by a board of governors consisting of eight members, five of whom shall be elected and
three of whom shall be appointed by the governor. Elections of members to succeed those initially elected under AS 30.13.010
(f) shall be held on the first Tuesday of October of each year in which a term expires. Terms of elected members shall
be two years.
- (b) Nominations for elected members to succeed those initially elected under AS 30.13.010
(f) shall be in accordance with the procedures set out in AS 30.13.010
- (c) The three members appointed by the governor shall be the commissioner of transportation and public facilities and the
heads of two other principal departments of the executive branch.
- (d) The members of the board of governors shall elect a chairperson and a vice-chairperson from among its members. Five
members of the board of governors, one of whom shall be a member appointed under (c) of this section, constitute a
quorum for the transaction of business. Action may be taken and motions or resolutions adopted by the board of
governors at a meeting at which a quorum is present by vote of a majority of the members present, unless the bylaws of
an authority require a larger number. The board of governors may delegate to one or more of its officers, agents, or
employees the powers and duties that it considers proper. The board of governors may appoint persons as officers it
considers advisable, including an executive director, and may employ professional advisors, counsel, technical experts,
agents, and other employees it considers advisable.
- (e) A member of the board of governors of an authority may not vote on a resolution of the board relating to any agreement
to be entered into by the authority under this chapter if the member is a party to the agreement or has a direct
ownership or equity interest, beneficially or of record, exceeding one percent in, or is employed by, a firm,
partnership, corporation, or association that is a party to the agreement. A resolution of the board that is approved
by a majority of all the members who are not barred from voting under this subsection is a valid action of the
authority for all purposes.
- (f) The board of governors may hold meetings by teleconference.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.