- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 65. General Grant Land
- Section 130. Definitions.
previous: Section 129
next: Section 140
AS 29.65.130. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "approved selection" means a municipal land selection that has been approved in writing by the director for transfer
by patent to a municipality;
- (2) "director" means the director of lands, Department of Natural Resources;
- (3) "general grant land"
- (A) means land patented or tentatively approved to the state from the United States under Sec. 6(a) or (b) of the Alaska
- (B) does not include university land;
- (4) "mental health land" means land granted under Title II, Sec. 202 of P.L. 84-830, as amended before or after July 1,
- (5) "municipal land selection" means a request by a municipality, filed in writing with the director under authority of
former AS 29.18.190 and 29.18.200 or under this chapter for vacant, unappropriated, unreserved general grant land
within its municipal boundaries in partial fulfillment of its municipal entitlement;
- (6) "patent" means a document, issued by the director to a municipality for a previously approved selection, that conveys
and quitclaims all the right, title, and interest of the state without reservation or condition except as may be
required by law;
- (7) "remaining entitlement" means the general grant land entitlement determined in accordance with this chapter, reduced
by the total acreage of approved selections, including both patented and unpatented parcels;
- (8) "school land" means those rectangular sections 16 and 36 within each township surveyed on or before January 3, 1959,
and confirmed and transferred to the State of Alaska upon its admission under Sec. 6(k), Alaska Statehood Act, 72 Stat.
339, and any other land designated solely for school revenues;
- (9) "university land" has the meaning given in AS 38.05.965
- (10) "vacant, unappropriated, unreserved land" means general grant land as defined in (3) of this section, excluding
minerals as required by Sec. 6(i) of the Alaska Statehood Act, that
- (A) has not been set aside by statute for one or more particular uses or purposes;
- (B) has not been approved for patent to a municipality under this chapter or former AS 29.18.190
- (C) is unclassified or, if classified under AS 38.05.300
, is classified for agricultural, grazing, material, public recreation, or settlement purposes, or is classified in
accordance with an agreement between a municipality and the state providing for state management of land of the
- (D) was classified no earlier than September 1, 1983, as resource management and is still classified as resource
management under AS 38.05.300.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.